1.27.2010

Can't Stop Listening To


I didn’t know about I Listen To Everything when I decided to put the Can’t Stop Listening To column on the site. I should have known, I really really should have. It’s a revelation. But I didn’t know and thanks to Liz, now I do.

I’m sticking to my guns though and leaving the column up because there’s room for lots of good music on all of our iPods. Plus I doubt my picks will be as cool and of the moment and prolific as Diana Miller’s. Compared to Diana’s, mine’s a big ol mess. But I kind of like that. A mix of new stuff and a throw back to old stuff that I forgot about but was once infatuated with. There’s nothing quite like that moment when you first recognize a song being played that you used to love but haven’t heard in forever. I spent a good chunk of my Christmas holiday baking time listening to Wham!'s “Last Christmas” on repeat. That’s right. Wham! And it was every bit as good as the six batches of graham crackers that came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment